Website Login

PDF

2014 Kellion Medal

70 years

Presented at 61st Annual General Meeting of The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc. Tuesday 28 October 2014, 10.00am at Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033. Click here to download a copy of the printed booklet.

Diabetes SA is proud to announce the Kellion Victory Medal Recipients for 2013/2014, including:

Nigel Brookman

nigel-brookmanI grew up on a family property 'Burbrook' 7 miles from Meadows in South Australia. I attended St Peters College boarding school and Roseworthy Agricultural College.

I enlisted in the RAAF Active service as Wireless Air Gunner in Papua New Guinea from 24 April 1942 until 18 July 1943. I was diagnosed with diabetes in September 1943 and discharged TPI on 19 August 1944.

I farmed at Burbrook until my father died in an accident in 1949.  I married Ann Graham in 1949 and went to live and manage a large property at Meningie with two brothers and a sister until I retired in 2003 then relocated to Strathalbyn. Ann and I had two children, Peter and Pamela. Ann passed away in 2010 and I now live alone doing my own cooking and ordering. Resthaven and Veteran's Affairs supply enough hours for house cleaning, I have a VitalCall button and get a regular morning call from Telecross.

Back to 2013/2014 Kellion Victory Medal Recipients 

living