All info related to kamagra tablets product line by Adjanta Pharma are ready on website, you may to order kamagra tablets online in singapore. kamagra tablets is the top selling sildenafil products online in singapore. Advice- MD's from singapore. She advice to order strattera singapore online cheap. strattera has acting ingredient atomoxetine, click here to purchase atomoxetine online.

Website Login

PDF

2016 Kellion Medal

50 years

Presented at 63rd Annual General Meeting of The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc. Tuesday 25 October 2016, Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033. Click here to download a copy of the printed booklet.

Diabetes SA is proud to announce the Kellion Victory Medal Recipients for 2015/2016, including:

Veronica Duffy

veronica duffyI was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 10. My father insisted my mother take me to the doctors after noticing I was fainting/passing out on a regular basis.

I started out on tablets for the first 6 months with no control. My father Roy (who also suffered with type 1 diabetes) then became my mentor, teaching me how to inject insulin, portioning food and to control my sugar levels which was done by urine testing. The blood glucose machines were not invented then.

It was not easy. I went into denial in my early teenage years thinking ‘Why me?, Why not everyone else!’ I ate what I wanted, and did what I wanted and then one day I just woke up and started taking control. At 14 I was diagnosed with Necrobiosis Lipoidica leading to countless ulcers on my legs. At 18 I was hospitalised for 3 months at RAH going through scouring of ulcers and countless skin grafts to subside it.

In 1980 I married Daniel and we had two beautiful children, Ryan and Kate. Sadly my father and my mentor passed away in 1992 after living with diabetes for 52 years. He too received his 50 year Kellion Victory Medal.

I live my life to the fullest. Diabetes may be a part of my life, but it doesn’t control it.

Back to 2015/2016 Kellion Victory Medal Recipients

Share this article

twitter facebook google

living