Website Login

PDF

2015 Kellion Medal

50 years

Presented at 62nd Annual General Meeting of The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc. Tuesday 27 October 2015, here 10.00am at Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033. Click here to download a copy of the printed booklet.

Diabetes SA is proud to announce the Kellion Victory Medal Recipients for 2014/2015, including:

Phillip Nicholas

phillip-nicholasBeing diagnosed at the age of sixteen changed my life for a short period only during the learning period of dealing with diabetes.

A few months after becoming a diabetic I commenced work as a Sign Writer and continued in this industry for forty nine years. During this period I successfully ran my own company, Nicholas Signs, for forty one years.

I have always been extremely active and my diabetes has never stopped me from pursuing my passions for water skiing, surfing, snow skiing, windsurfing and travelling overseas and around Australia.

Coping and controlling this disease has certainly changed over the years, however, the importance of being very disciplined with control has allowed me to live the very active and full life I still enjoy today.

Back to 2014/2015 Kellion Victory Medal Recipients

Share this article

twitter facebook google

living