Website Login

PDF

2015 Kellion Medal

50 years

Presented at 62nd Annual General Meeting of The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc. Tuesday 27 October 2015, 10.00am at Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033. Click here to download a copy of the printed booklet.

Diabetes SA is proud to announce the Kellion Victory Medal Recipients for 2014/2015, including:

Margaret Beeitz

margaret-beeitzFor the past 53 years having diabetes, it has had its ups and downs. In the earlier years Mum said that it was a lot of 'guess work' when working out insulin doses etc. There were no blood glucose machines and the injections were like a scientific apparatus.

Today, managing diabetes is so much easier as there is not as much restriction in your life. I have not let diabetes take over and restrict my life style. I have achieved as much as I can in playing sport, including golf, tennis and netball, in my younger years and a competitive shooter which I still do. I am also secretary of our local club.

I am a very active person in the community, running the local post office, work in the local craft shop, Secretary of the Hall Committee and President of Lameroo CWA.

I have been very fortunate that I have not had any diabetic complications with my health.

I am married to Don and have a daughter and son who are twins. We live on a farm which has been in the family for 4 generations.

Back to 2014/2015 Kellion Victory Medal Recipients

Share this article

twitter facebook google

living