Website Login

PDF

2014 Kellion Medal

50 years

Presented at 61st Annual General Meeting of The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc. Tuesday 28 October 2014, 10.00am at Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033. Click here to download a copy of the printed booklet.

Diabetes SA is proud to announce the Kellion Victory Medal Recipients for 2013/2014, including:

Darren Leaver

darren-leaverI was diagnosed with diabetes around my second birthday at the Adelaide Children's Hospital. I remember my parents telling me how they were shown to inject using oranges.

My earliest memories were of watching as my needles were threaded with a thin metal wire and then boiled. After cooling they were placed in a sterile solution. They had huge gauges, like those used in veterinary practices.

I attended several camps held by Diabetes SA and it was good to see other children with diabetes behaving normally. Of course there were the morning injection schedules and urine testing to check sugar levels.

I now compete on my Arabian horses in endurance riding, travelling the Australian bush on horseback.

Back to 2013/2014 Kellion Victory Medal Recipients

living