Thai-style chicken and corn soup
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 litre (4 cups) reduced-salt chicken stock
- 425g tinned corn kernels, case undrained
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 500g skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200g fresh thin rice noodles
- 2 large handfuls of coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Bring the stick to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the corn kernels and their juice, spring onion and ginger, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce, and simmer for 3 minutres, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Put the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes, or until softened. Separate gently and drain.
- Add the noodles, coriander, lime zest and lime juice to the soup and serve immediately.
Energy: 1391kJ (332 Cal)
Saturated fat: 0.9g